Thursday, October 9, 2008

Update On A Few Things--

Haven't had much to blog about lately, so I thought I'd update you on the last few weeks:

--I hear the Goldman Family Party is still going strong, a week after OJ was convicted. Much as I feel for Fred and Kim; OJ's conviction just gave them five more years on the talk shows without repeating themselves...

--My gig in Chestertown went great (see my "I gotta gig" blog)! We sounded great! In fact; we were so good, A) The Fabulous Hubcaps, the headliner band, asked us how long we'd been together, to which I said, "not counting today?" B) the Mayor of Rock Hall (about 15 miles from Chestertown), asked if we'd be interested in doing a couple of gigs in the near future! This is a big deal for a bunch of 50-something guys who gaze at guitarcenter.com and pine for a Marshall 100 W lead amp with 2 cabinets...

--Our money situation is tanking. If you have money in TSP or something similar; you have my deepest sympathy. But my guess is most of this is election-year ploys. Gas prices will fall hard; the markets will rise and Bush will find Osama Bin Laden the first weekend in November. He'll be working at a 7-Eleven in Ypsilanti, Michigan. The same one Elvis worked at. Or did Elvis work in Chaska, Minnesota?

--I think it's hilarious AIG's top executives spent $440K on a "weekend retreat," complete with spa services (one can only imagine)...less than a week after the government handed them 2/3 of their $85 billion dollar payment. And now, the government's talking about giving them more! I heard CBS commentator Dave Ross today--talking about the bailout and how teachers are miffed because the trickle-down isn't going to schools and their salaries. Ross said teachers and school systems should get busy and reorganize themselves--as banks! I love Dave Ross.

--A few blogs ago; I wrote about my stepson, Nick, buying a Wii with his own money; his first major expenditure. Two days ago; our two Maltese(s) decided to eat the sensor bar. And yes, they do make aftermarket sensor bars for Wiis. Seems Frosty and Sammy aren't the first to use the sensor bar for a chew toy--nor will they be the last, it seems...

No comments: